This is the story about YAESU FT-991
Yaesu is once again exceeding customer expectations and leading the market in new innovations with the all new, all-mode/all-band FT-991 VHF/UHF/HF Transceiver. Our all new state of the art IF-DSP receiver circuit and C4FM Digital Communication systems provide crystal clear communications under the harshest of operating conditions.
FT-991 ALL-BAND, MULTIMODE PORTABLE TRANSCIEVER
The FT-991 is the next generation in all mode, all band MF/HF/VHF/UHF transceiver with C4FM (System Fusion) Digital capability. The FT-991 includes multi-mode operation on CW, AM, FM, SSB, and Digital Modes (Packet, PSK31, RTTY and C4FM), with 100 Watts of HF/50mhz Capability (50 Watts VHF/UHF).
The New FT-991 now includes a high-resolution full color 3.5" TFT Touch panel for superior operability and visibility, incorporating a High Speed Spectrum scope with ASC (Automatic Spectrum-scope control) built right in.
The FT-991 is designed for the most competitive operating situations, with a suite of new features to enhance the experience. Whether you primarily operate at home, mobile or in the field, the FT-991 will provide outstanding fundamental performance plus give you easy access to the full range of exciting modes available on the ham bands today.
State of the Art Digital Signal Processing
Recognizing an all-important Golden Rule Amateur Radio - “You cannot work them if you cannot hear them”– the FT 991 features a rugged state-of-the-art highly balanced receiver circuit configuration. The high-speed floating point TMS320C6746 DSP chip (3000 MIPS / 2250 MFLOPS) from Texas Instruments used in the receiver design guarantees excellent interference rejection with actual signals under real-world conditions, not only on HF but also in the VHF and UHF bands.
- Selectable 3 and 15khz roofing filters.The 1st IF frequency incorporates selectable robust 3 kHz and 15 kHz roofing filters that effectively attenuate interfering signals. The triple conversion circuit structure allows highly flexible gain distribution at each stage. This proven receiver design architecture enables elimination of unwanted signals through filters at each stage as well as optimized gain distribution.
- Automatic Spectrum-Scope (ASC). Advanced Spectrum Scope with ASC (Automatic Spectrum-Scope Control) located just below the LCD display gives the operator all the information for comfortable QSO on the DXing scene.
- 3.5" DISPLAY. The FT-991 could not provide functions easier than at your fingertips with a 3.5" Full Color TFT Display for Superior Operability and Visibility.
- USB Capable. The FT-991 can be connected to a computer using a USB cable for CAT control and firmware updates, or the use of an optional SCU-17 Interface Unit to support USB Audio In/Out, TX Control (PTT, Key, Shift).
- 100 Watts of Solid Performance. The RF Amplifier in the FT-991 provides a clean and solid 100 Watts of Operating Power (50 Watts VHF/UHF) and is combined with a large heat-sink and forced air automatic cooling fan to increase operating time and prevent overheating.
- Compact, Lightweight & Portable. The FT-991 Comes in a compact, lightweight package suitable for portable, mobile and base installations. Measuring 8.8"(W) x 3" (H) x 9.9" (L) at just 9.7 pounds this robust full featured mobile/portable radio is ready to go when and where you are!
- Internal Automatic Antenna Tuner. Internal High Speed Automatic Antenna Tuner included in the package. The antenna tuner uses a LC switching network that has a large capacity 100 channel memory. The tuning data is automatically memorized to reduce tuning time when changing frequency.
- High Accuracy TCXO. +/-0.5PPM High Resolution DDS/PLL local Oscillator included as part of the standard package.
Frequency Ranges: RX 30 kHz - 56 MHz, 118 MHz - 164 MHz, 420 MHz - 470 MHz (specified performance, amateur bands only)
TX 1.8 MHz - 54 MHz, 144 MHz - 148 MHz, 430 MHz - 450 MHz (amateur bands only)
Circuit Type: Triple-Conversion Superheterodyne: SSB/CW/AM
Double-Conversion Superheterodyne: FM/C4FM
Modulation Type: A1A(CW), A3E(AM), J3E(LSB, USB), F7W(C4FM), F3E(FM),
Power Output: SSB/CW/FM AM Carrier
160- 6 Meters: 100 W 25 W
2 Meters/70 Centimeters: 50 W 12.5 W
Case Size(W x H x D): 9.0" x 3.2" x 9.3" (w/o knob and connector)
Weight: 9.5 lb
Qty in Master Carton: 4
Warranty: 1 Year
Hand Microphone (MH-31A8J)
DC Power Cord
Spare Fuse (25A)
Source: COPYRIGHT©2003-2015 Yaesu USA. http://www.yaesu.com